Each Wednesday, the students of St Joseph Education Support Centre run Café De La Salle during period 1,2 and recess.
Luke Gomez (Year 11 Business Management and Enterprise) has summarised below what’s involved in running the Cafe:
- Students take orders on Tuesday afternoons and deliver orders and take payments with cash and the Eftpos machine
- Students learn about Business Management concepts
- Students learn about making profits and counting up all the money and receipts on Café days
- Students are trained on a Café Quality Coffee Machine
- Students make all the items on the menu including things like carrot cake, sausage rolls, banana bread and spinach and feta muffins.