26 April 2021
Dear parents and guardians,
Today the Premier announced that the Perth and Peel lockdown will end as planned from 12.01am, Tuesday 27 April. A post-lockdown transition will be in place until 12.01am, Saturday 1 May 2021.
It is important that as a community we continue to abide by ongoing State Government measures and work together to keep everyone safe.
Outlined below is our College plan for students’ return tomorrow Tuesday 27 April, noting that we will continue to monitor the situation and advice of the State Government and update this plan as required.
The following measures will be in place as of Tuesday 27 April 2021 until advised otherwise:
- All students in Years 7- 12 must wear masks while at school. Please ensure that if the mask has any decorations or slogans that they are appropriate for a Catholic school.
- Students must be seated when they remove their mask to eat.
- All staff must wear masks; however, teachers may remove them when teaching.
- Students are not required to wear masks for the practical component of Physical Education classes.
- All visitors above the age of 12 years old must wear a mask.
It is important to keep up good hygiene practices. This includes:
- Using refillable water bottles
- Frequently washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Refraining from touching mouth and nose If coughing or sneezing, cover your nose and mouth with a paper tissue or flexed elbow. Dispose of the tissue immediately after use and perform hand hygiene.
- Avoiding shaking hands and other close physical contact.
We will continue to carry out the increased cleaning practices around the College.
It is important to keep your child home from school if they are unwell. They should be symptom free (i.e. from fever, vomiting or diarrhoea) for 24 hours before returning to school.
CHANGES TO EVENTS
Given the new COVID-19 measures and restrictions the information below confirms changes to upcoming College events. Please note, further changes will be communicated as required.
- Tuesday 27 April – Year 9 Parent Information Evening: Rescheduled to a later date which is yet to be confirmed.
- Tuesday 27 April – Year 12 Student Leaders Halogen Excursion: Cancelled.
- 27-30 April – Touching Hearts: Placements for Year 10 & 11 students will be rescheduled. Please contact Deacon Aaron Peters for further information.
- 28, 29 April – College Photos: Continue as planned.
- College Production Rehearsals: Continue as planned.
- After school sporting events: Most outdoor sports will continue as normal, however spectators will not be permitted. We await advice from organising bodies for indoor events and will communicate to parents as this information becomes available.
As a community, if we continue to work together collectively, we will get through this current COVID-19 situation again.
Maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our community and ensuring any impact on your child’s learning is minimised are our key priorities.
I will closely monitor the situation and advice of the State Government and keep you informed of any changes. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s Leader of Wellbeing.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the College