Sunday 27 June 2021
Dear parents and guardians,
This morning the WA Government has imposed “Phase One” COVID-19 restrictions on people in Perth and the Peel region. The restrictions came into effect from 12:00 noon Sunday 27 June and will last for a minimum of three days. During this time masks are mandatory indoors and on public transport and the two-square-metre rule has been reintroduced. This announcement means there are new arrangements in place for our College effective Monday 28 June until Wednesday 30 June 2021.
- All staff members and students in Years 7 to 12 will still be required to wear a mask indoors and outdoors.
- All staff must wear masks; however, teachers may remove them when teaching
- Masks are not required to be worn when consuming food, drink, or medicine, provided that the student or staff member is seated at the time
- Students and staff are required to wear masks when travelling on public transport
- Students are not required to wear masks for the practical component of PE classes
- Common sense should apply regarding the colour and markings on masks, with staff and students asked not to wear masks that may contain inappropriate markings or designs.
Visitors to the school
- Visitors to the College must adhere to current COVID-safe guidelines and restrictions
- Visitors can sign in using the SafeWA app. This does not replace our visitor sign in system for meetings onsite. Please consider whether you can meet online or reschedule.
College Events 28 June – 30 June
The following College events will continue with appropriate social distancing number limits in place.
|28 – 29 June||Year 10 Subject Selection Interviews|
|28 – 30 June||Before and after school sport and fitness|
|28 – 30 June||Homework Club|
Year 10 Subject Selection Interviews
The Year 10 Subject Selection interviews scheduled for Monday 28 June and Tuesday 29 June will go ahead, however, given the large number of interviews occurring in the iCentre parents will not be able to attend in person.
Two interview options will be available:
- Students can attend the interview and they will be asked to take their final selection form home for conversation and signing by their parents. Given many parents attended the Subject Selection evening last week parents may already be comfortable with the pathway option chosen by their child.
- Parents can be phoned during the interview timeslot by the Subject Counsellor. Please make sure your child knows the phone number to be contacted if you would like to utilise this option.
It is disappointing we can’t meet in person over the next two days but we are pleased we were able to meet with so many parents last Monday night and hopefully this provided clarity about the subjects and pathways that your child or children are wishing to study in 2022.
Should further restrictions be announced over the coming days, any changes will be communicated to the College community.
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring our school remains a safe environment.
Giovanna Fiume | Principal