2020 Student Leadership Team
Captains, Representatives and Office Bearers 2020
Being selected as a member of the Student Representative Council (SRC) is a significant achievement. There are representatives from each of the year groups and Year 12 students are responsible for particular portfolios that include; The Arts, Music, Sport, Christian Ministry and House. There are also special roles of Academic Captains, Community Captains, College Vice Captains and College Captains.
The selection process for all SRC members takes place at the commencement of Term 3 and students are ‘in office’ until the end of Term 3 the following year. Students are elected based on staff recommendation; this includes the Pastoral Care Advisor (PCA), House Coordinators and Year Coordinators, as well as a student vote. Upper school students also undergo an interview in order to select the best candidate for the various roles within the SRC.
The Student Representative Council is presented to the College Community at the final College Assembly for Term 3. Year 7 students are selected in Term 2 of the current year.
In order to be eligible as a member of the Student Representative Council, a student must satisfy the following criteria:
- Positive attitude towards the College.
- Commitment to the College Mission Statement.
- Attendance and support of College functions, e.g. Athletics Carnivals, House Activities, etc.
- Complies with uniform and grooming standards.
- Good school record.
- Polite to teachers and students.
- Good communication skills. (e.g. with staff, students, public speaking, presenting ideas)
- A sense of responsibility.
- High level of motivation.
- Sound organisational skills.
- Cooperation and teamwork skills.