With planning already underway for many events and activities, the P&F are looking to fill the following roles to bring this work to life.
- Executive Position – Chair
- Executive Position – Deputy Chair
- Fundraising and Community Spirit Sub-Committee Lead
To learn more about the roles please read the information detailed below or email the P&F President Ms Carla Turner at P&F@lasalle.wa.edu.au.
Nominate for a position by completing this online form – and make a positive impact in your child’s school community.
Executive Position – Chair
- Provide leadership, support and guidance for all members of the Committee
- Ensure all members are advised of meeting dates
- Ensure all meeting agendas have been prepared and venue and time of the meeting have been advised
- Preside/Chair at all General Meetings
- Ensure a quorum is present
- Ensure all members are provided a copy of the previous meeting minutes
- Exercise supervision of the functions of other office bearers
- Monitor tasks undertaken by the P&F Group
- Encourage parents and others to participate in the activities of the committee and the school as a whole
- Communicate to Committee members when the school requires volunteers throughout the year and compile lists of volunteers accordingly. Send reminders and follow up after the event
- Prepare an Annual Report that is presented at the Annual Community Meeting.
Executive Position – Deputy Chair
- The Deputy Chair supports the Chair in the leadership of the P&F Committee and represents the Chair if they are unavailable. See above for details.
Fundraising and Community Spirit Sub-Committee Lead:
- Plan to meet regularly with sub-committee colleagues
- Be prepared to report at P&F General Meetings
- Attend all meetings (or nominate a representative to attend and report
- Work collaboratively with the P&F Executive and other Sub-Committee Leads
- As a group, the sub-committee will set long-term and short-term goals, set meeting dates in addition to the P&F General Meeting dates and make joint decisions
- Attend to business of sub-committee to obtain outcomes
- Ensure the Constitution is adhered to
- Ensure fair discussion – give all an opportunity to speak
- Ensure decisions are carried out and followed up
- Encouraging parents to get involved, calling on general P&F helpers as required.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.” – Elizabeth Andrew